- In A Hurry? Here’s The Best Travel System Stroller
- Why a Travel System / Car Seat and Stroller Combo?
- Comparison Chart: 11 Best Travel System Stroller
- Top 11 Best Travel System Stroller (2022 Updated)
- Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
- Graco FastAction Fold Travel System
- Baby Trend Nexton Travel System
- Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System
- Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
- Baby Trend Envy Travel System Bobble Heads
- Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System with SafeMax Car Seat
- Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System
- Britax B-Lively & B Safe 35 Travel System
- Disney Amble Quad Travel System, Mickey Silhouette
- UPPAbaby Full-Size Vista Infant Baby Stroller & MESA Car Seat Bundle
- Best Travel System Stroller Buying Guide
- Final Words
Congratulations! You have a baby coming.
Now comes the preparation.
There’s so much to do.
You’re eagerly awaiting your bundle of joy: prepping the nursery, gathering clothes, and picking between bottles. But none of that will matter if you can’t bring your baby home.
Due to a large number of fatal car wrecks involving children, hospitals won’t let you leave without a functioning car seat.
And while you’re at it, you might want a convenient way to carry your child around.
There is nothing more stressful (to an already sleep deprived mom) than carrying a screaming infant around the store after taking them out of the car woke them up.
Say hello to travel system stroller.
A travel system stroller is a car seat and stroller combo, specifically designed to work together. The rear-facing car seat can be easily removed from your car to attach on the stroller for walks.
As an added bonus, when you buy a travel system stroller you are investing in a product that will get years of use, the colors match, and there is less hassle from trying to move your baby around.
Or maybe – like many other parents – you already bought one system only to discover that it doesn’t work the way you want it to and need another.
Now, your crying bundle of joy is here, and you don’t have an adequate way to carry them around.
We have taken the hard work out of picking a travel system by reviewing the top best travel system stroller of 2022.
In A Hurry? Here’s The Best Travel System Stroller
Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
Why we love it?
- Holds toddlers up to 50lbs
- Comes with all-wheel suspension and front swivel wheels
- Folds effortlessly with one hand
- Rear brakes can be activated with one touch
Why a Travel System / Car Seat and Stroller Combo?
You may be wondering why a car seat and stroller combo? Why not purchase a car seat and separate stroller?
When purchased together, car seats and strollers come at a discount and have more functions.
Also, you don’t need to fret that you will be getting an inferior product. The car seats in travel system stroller come highly rated for safety.
Additionally, the strollers all have many useful functions you will find yourself using as your baby grows.
The car seats in these combos are rear-facing. They are made specifically for your small infant up to 30lbs.
Safety standards from the American Academy of Pediatrics encourage parents to keep their children in a rear-facing car seat until they outgrow them to avoid fatal injury.
Each rear-facing car seat is easy to remove from your car with the attached base. A car seat’s base works in several ways.
The best bases will have:
- Easy installation. The base will attach in the backseat of your car with a seatbelt and some additional straps.
- Leveling. Since not all vehicles have the same seat construction, bases need to be at different angles depending on the car. A leveling base will adjust to give your baby the most secure fit.
- Secure fit. Once the car seat is in place, it should snap securely. Some cheaper bases have difficulty locking the car seat into place, and can pose a threat to your baby’s safety.
- One-button removal. The car seat should remove from the base with the push of a button. Some lower-end models have buttons that are difficult to press. You should make sure that the system you’re getting is easy-to-use
Once installed, the base is not designed to be removed from the car. Most car seats and travel systems come with one base.
If you have additional cars, it is an easy matter to purchase extra bases. Having extra bases is highly recommended, so you don’t have to move the base around.
Plus, purchasing an additional base will prevent you from having to purchase more car seats. You can use the car seat that came with your travel system, moving it from car-to-car as needed.
So now that you have a car seat in mind, how are you planning to move your baby around the stores? Or go for a walk in the park? Or catch your older son’s soccer game?
Your answer is a stroller. A good stroller need:
- 1Safety straps to keep your baby inside.
- 2Good wheels that won’t lock up. The stroller needs to be easily maneuverable to get around shelves in stores.
- 3Breaks so when mom stops to look at something, the baby doesn’t roll away.
- 4A large basket underneath for your diaper bag and anything else you need to carry.
But wouldn’t it be great if you could put your baby in the stroller without having to remove them from the car seat?
Enter travel systems.
Because they are designed to work together, travel systems provide the ability to incorporate your car seat into your stroller.
This makes moving a sleeping infant from the car to the stroller more straightforward.
And buying the best travel system stroller means you will have the peace of mind knowing your baby can travel with you anywhere.
But how to determine the right travel system stroller for you? There’re so many out there!
- A three wheeled or four wheeled travel system?
- Do you need an adjustable handle on the stroller?
- Will the wheels still work if you decide to go off-road?
- Should you get a system with a bassinet?
We have compiled a comprehensive guide to help find you the best baby travel system stroller.
Below you will find the features of each system, what we liked, and what we felt like could be done better.
So even if it is your first time (or second) buying a travel system, don’t fret. We have you covered.
It is our sincere hope after reading our reviews, you will be able to figure out the best travel system stroller for you – and your little one too.
Comparison Chart: 11 Best Travel System Stroller
Graco FastAction Fold Sport Travel System | Includes the FastAction Fold Sport 3-Wheel Stroller and SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat, Pierce
Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Travel System | Includes the FastAction Fold Jogging Stroller and SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat, Gotham
Top 11 Best Travel System Stroller (2022 Updated)
Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
- Key Fit 30 Infant Car Seat designed for 4-30 lbs, and up to 30 inches.
- The included base allows Key Fit to easily go in and out of the car.
- Bravo stroller holds toddlers up to 50lbs.
- The stroller has a removable seat so that it can convert to carry the car seat.
- The stroller folds effortlessly with one hand. Once folded, the stroller will stand by itself.
- Also, the Bravo stroller comes with all-wheel suspension and front swivel wheels for a smooth ride.
- The rear brakes can be activated with one touch.
- Also, the stroller comes with an attachable tray to hold drinks and food. Plus, an additional parent tray is included! This convenient place will keep two drinks and a media device
The Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System has a large number of features for its lower price point. Plus, the included car seat is safe and easy to install.
Also included, the Bravo stroller is easy to fold, store, and use.
I really like that the stroller will stand by itself when folded and can be folded with one hand- this can make it easier to get in and out of the car with your little one in hand.
The stroller also has tons of convenience features: an adjustable handle to fit different size adults, places to hold drinks for mom and baby, and ample storage.
What Could be Better
The wheels on the stroller are best used on smooth surfaces, as they can quickly wear out with bumpy surfaces.
While the cup holders will hold a water bottle, they cannot accommodate a larger thermos.
It is also important to note that due to the bulkiness of the stroller, it can be difficult to get out of smaller vehicles.
Both the stroller and the car seat are on the heavier side. They also have thinner material and not much padding.
It may be important to get additional padding for your newborn so they will sleep in the car seat.
Graco FastAction Fold Travel System
- Includes the Click Connect 30 Infant Car Seat.
- The Click Connect comes with a base.
- The car seat will hold children with a weight of 4-30lbs.
- Included stroller holds children up to 50lbs.
- By itself, the stroller weighs a light 22lbs.
- The stroller has FastAction fold, a one-handed fold feature for quick storage.
- An included kid’s tray swivels out of the way to quickly get your child inside.
- The stroller includes locking front swivel wheels with suspension for a smooth ride.
- The stroller is padded and can recline to keep your child comfortable (or give them the opportunity for a nap).
- The extra-large storage basket underneath is perfect for carrying your diaper bag.
Next in our list is the Graco FastAction Fold Travel System, which is a great all-around system.
The car seat snaps easily into the stroller and included base- allowing you to get baby in and out of the car quickly for travel.
It is also one of the affordable travel system stroller options on the market.
The convenience of the Graco FastAction can’t be beaten for the price. Not only is the stroller lightweight, but it also folds away with one hand.
The included car seat is a great option to carry your little one around in while keeping them safe.
What Could be Better
Again, the stroller doesn’t have the best wheels for off-roading. The stroller handle also doesn’t adjust which can make it awkward for parents of different heights to push comfortably.
Furthermore, the stroller canopy doesn’t fully cover your child while they are in the car seat. It would be nice if the stroller and car seat canopies connected somehow.
When it comes to the car seat base, it can be a little hard to get the car seat to latch securely. It would also be great if the car seat came with more padding for younger infants.
You may need to purchase an additional headrest for your baby if you decide on this travel system stroller.
Baby Trend Nexton Travel System
- Included Flex-Loc infant car seat with base
- The Flex-Loc comes with extra head support.
- It is rated for a weight of 5-30lbs.
- The 3-tiered expandable canopy keeps the sun out of little eyes.
- A 5-point safety harness ensures your child is strapped in.
- The base has adjustable height levels to ensure your baby is snug while riding.
- Included Nexton stroller rated for up to 50lbs.
- The Nexton is a 3-wheel stroller for easy turning. It also has easy to activate rear brakes.
- Strap your child in with a 5-point harness.
- The stroller seat reclines for added comfort.
- An extendable canopy to protect baby from the sun and weather is also included.
- The canopy has a see-through window so you can watch your little one while walking.
- Easy one-handed folding of stroller helps make storage a breeze.
- The Flex-Lock car seat fits securely in the stroller for a smooth car to walking transition.
The Baby Trend Nexton is an excellent entry point travel system stroller.
As an bonus, it comes with extra padding and canopy to ensure that your baby is comfortable.
Plus, it has great safety features in the five-point harness and adjustable base.
I love that Baby Trend paid attention to the comfort and safety of your baby. The colors also really pop.
Also, the car seat fits comfortably on the stroller or shopping carts. Plus, it is easy to assemble.
What Could be Better
The stroller itself is on the heavy side due to the 3-wheel configuration. It can also be hard to fit in a compact sedan.
Overall, both the stroller and the car seat are on the bulky side. This may be something to keep in mind if you are worried about space.It would be nice if the sunshades had something to hold them up, since after a few months use they tend to fall.
Also, the fabric on the stroller can’t be removed for washing and is difficult to hand wash.When it comes to putting the car seat in the stroller, it simply sits inside. Then, you need to strap it down with an included strap.
It would be nice if the seat snapped into the stroller like it does the base.
Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Baby Travel System
- Graco Snug Ride Click Connect 35 infant car seat.
- This rear facing car seat is for infants 4-35lbs and up to 32” in length
- The Click Connect also includes one base.
- Included Fastaction Fold Jogger 3-wheel stroller.
- Great for children weighing up to 50lbs.
- The stroller’s one-hand folding feature is great for moms on the go.
- The straps are a convertible 3 or 5-point harness, depending on your baby’s size.
- Three air-filled rubber tires with suspension allow you to travel on any terrain.
- The front wheel locks for running moms, then it unlocks for more maneuverability while walking.
- Padded, reclining seat in stroller keeps baby comfy.
- Also included is a deluxe parent’s tray with smartphone cradle, 2 deep drink holders, and covered storage.
- There is extra-large storage under the stroller.
- Silver reflectors help running moms get noticed in low light and keep baby safe from traffic.
- The infant’s tray with cup holder in the stroller easily pivots for entry. It also doubles as another way to keep your infant securely inside.
- Click Connect technology for one-step securing of infant car seat into the stroller.
Graco’s Fastaction Fold Jogger is a great crossover stroller for moms on the go.
It features many innovative features such as the locking front wheel and rubber tires which make it great for running with.
Also, Graco focused on making the ride comfortable for the little one with the suspension, padding, and reclining seat.
I love that this stroller can help you get active outdoors with your little one. Not many strollers can go on all terrain, which is a great addition.
With the stroller, you can take your child out on the soccer field, on a picnic, or for a run. This stroller is great for people with taller strides. Also, it comes with storage for everyone’s stuff: compartments for the diaper bag and a place to keep mommy’s keys and drink.
I like that this stroller also has the one-handed folding feature so that it can be put back in the car quicker.
What Could be Better
This stroller will take up most of your trunk if you have a smaller car due to the large wheels. Also, it is on the heavier side compared to some 4-wheeled models.Because the tires are rubber, they do sometimes need to be inflated with a hand pump. The tires have a different connector, which can make it hard to find the correct pump for. Also, the front locking mechanism has been known to lock up when people are walking with the stroller and hit a bump.
This can cause your front wheel to get stuck in one position while you are trying to get your baby through a field.The phone compartment isn’t large enough for newer phones (iPhones and Androids won’t fit).
While a small iPod might fit, it would be great if they expanded the compartment to a hold a phone as advertised.
Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
- Evenflo’s Rollover Tested Safe Max Infant Car Seat.
- Also included is a stay-in-car base with 4 position recline. The SafeZone base features materials to absorb and dissipate crash pressure with the anti-rebound bar.
- The car seat is weight rated for 4-35lbs.
- The seat is ultra-lightweight, making it easy to carry.
- Also, the car seat comes with a comfortable infant head support.
- The Safe Max was one of the first rollover tested car seats.
- Included seat pad removes and is washing machine friendly.
- Pivot stroller with 6 modes of use: easily converts to hold an infant car seat, stroller, and to use as a carriage (bassinet). In all modes, baby can be turned to face towards or away from mom.
- The maximum stroller weight is 50lbs.
- The stroller comes with cruiser tires for a smooth ride. It also has oversized rear wheels to minimize shock.
- A three-panel canopy protects from the sun.
- The stroller has an extra-large basket under the seat to carry all of your baby supplies.
- A small removable child tray can be easily washed.
- Click Connect technology for one-step securing of infant car seat into the stroller.
The Evenflo Pivot Modular System is great for pushing your little one around town.
Not only is the stylish, but the six modes of the stroller also allow it to adapt as your baby grows.
Plus, the Safe Max Infant Car Seat is one of the best on the market and will ensure that your little bundle gets home in one piece.
As one of the lighter strollers on the market, the Evenflo is an excellent fit for on the go moms. The fact that it converts into six different directions is nice.
You can have younger infants facing towards you for peace of mind, while older toddlers can look at where you are going.The stroller is great for convenience too. Since it is so light, I like how easy it is to get around, lift into your trunk, and push.
I really like that the canopy is long enough to cover any baby from the elements.
Plus, they included a cup holder for mom and lots of storage to make your day out on the town a little easier.Finally, I love that this system comes with a roll-over tested car seat. It helps to know that your baby will be safe.
And the car seat snaps easily in and out of the stroller and the base for extra security.
What Could be Better
The wheels on the Evenflo are not meant to go off-road, which means that they will breakdown easily if it is taken into the grass often.
Plus, the wheels will often get stuck once they have worn down a little, making it hard to move the stroller.Also, the stroller can be a little too wide to use in a small store. Orva narrow doorway. Anyplace small really, due to the large back wheels.
The wheels also make it take up most of the room in smaller trunks.
Connecting the car seat to the stroller can be hard. Pushing the car seat into the stroller can sometimes take a lot of force, which might wake your baby up.
And the car seat doesn’t have much padding. If you are going to have a younger infant in this car seat, you might want to invest in additional padding.
Finally, putting too much heavy stuff in the bottom basket can make the stroller tip over.
While it is great to have all that space under the seat, it would be nice to use it without having to worry.
Baby Trend Envy Travel System Bobble Heads
- Baby Trend Infant Car Seat.
- For use with babies who weigh 4-30lbs and are 30” tall or less.
- The car seat was designed with a deeper side, and EPS foam for improved side impact protection.
- Strap your baby into the 5-point safety harness.
- The removable head support is included to keep younger infants comfortable.
- EZ-Flex-Loc stay-in-car base is included. The base installs with latch clips or seat belt.
- EZ Ride Stroller designed for young children up to 50lbs and 42” tall.
- The stroller includes a 5-point safety harness
- A padded, reclining seat ensures your child’s comfort.
- The stroller includes three wheels – with a dual front wheel – for better maneuverability in tight spots.
- Above, the stroller has a large canopy with see-through window.
- Below, the stroller has an extra-large storage basket for all your belongings.
- The stroller has a height adjustable handle perfect for taller (or shorter) parents.
- Also included with the stroller is a covered parent tray with 2 deep cup holders.
- The child’s tray with snack and cupholders swings away for easy entry.
- Once done, the stroller collapses with a one-handed fold away for easy storage.
The Baby Trend EZ Ride system is great for traveling with your little one. It has a three-wheel system that is supported by dual wheels in the front, making it easier to maneuver.
Plus, Baby Trend has made safety a priority with their five-point safety harnesses, extra padding, and modifications for side impact.
I love how easy this is to put together. Plus, the duel three-wheel setup makes moving around in stores much easier than some of the other models. It turns on a dime!
The padding in the car seat is enough to hold larger babies up without making them sweat.
When collapsed, the stroller is lightweight and compact. This makes it one of the better options for small cars.
What Could be Better
The car seat attaches to the stroller using safety straps. I wish it clicked in as it does to the base. If you want to just set it down on the stroller because you are in a rush, it moves around a lot.
Also, the car seat could do with a little extra padding for infants, as their heads tend to bob around without anything additional (in addition to the already included padding.)
Plus, children tend to get uncomfortable when sleeping in the car seat for long periods. If you intend to buy this system, you may want to invest in some additional padding.
Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System with SafeMax Car Seat
- Embrace Infant Car Seat.
- The Embrace holds children weighing 4-35lbs.
- It comes with a full sun visor to protect your baby’s eyes.
- The car seat has a convertible 5 to 3 point harness system.
- Also included is a base for your car.
- Vive stroller carries children up to 50lbs.
- The stroller folds to a slim 16”, which allows it to fit in smaller spaces (such as compact trunks).
- It sits on 4 – 13” EVA wheels with shock absorption for a smooth ride.
- There are multiple reclining options in the stroller.
- A large canopy with window is included to keep your infant comfortable.
- Underneath there is a full storage basket.
- It also has 2 cup holders and a cell phone storage space for parents.
This is one of the absolute cheapest travel systems on the market. While it may not have many bells and whistles, it gets the job done.
The Embrace car seat has been safety tested to 2x the national standard, helping to keep your baby safe.
Paired with the Vive stroller, it will help you to carry your baby around hassle-free
As far as car seats go, the Embrace is great to get the job done. Plus, the extended weight limit means your child can stay in it longer.
It is nice that the car seat clicks in and out of the stroller using the same system as the base with additional straps.
Also, the price can’t be beaten.
What Could be Better
Unfortunately, the Vive stroller has a bad rap because it clicks before the stroller is actually open.
Then, because a clicking sound has been made, parents go on using the stroller when it isn’t fully opened.
In a few instances, this has caused the stroller to collapse with the car seat and baby inside.
As a cheaper travel system, you get what you pay for. If you are tight on cash this would be a great option.
But make sure to spend some time figuring out how to actually latch the stroller before putting your precious cargo onboard.
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System
- Flex Lock car seat rated for 5-30lbs.
- The car seat has a 5-point safety harness with simple one hand adjustment.
- It includes a 4-point adjusting base to ensure proper insulation.
- On the side, there is EPS energy absorbing foam for better side-impact protection.
- The car seat also has removable seat pad and inserts for easy washing.
- Expedition 3-wheel stroller.
- The stroller has large bicycle all-terrain tires, which allow the Expedition to go on all surfaces.
- The front swivel wheel allows for easy maneuvering when walking. Then, the wheel locks for when jogging.
- An adjustable canopy and reclining seat back keeps your baby comfortable.
- The included parent tray with a covered storage compartment has 2 cupholders.
- A child’s tray is also included for easy access to snacks and drinks.
- Underneath there is a large storage compartment to fit a diaper bag and more.
- For a secure grip, there is an extra wide, padded handlebar.
- Finally, the Expedition includes an easy folding system for transport and storage.
The Baby Trend Expedition system is great for mommies on the go.
With 3 wheels for extra maneuverability, the large bicycle tires are great for going off-road.
Plus, the included Flex Lock car seat has great safety features.
I really like Baby Trends take on the popular jogging stroller. Coming in at a little cheaper price point for a jogger, this stroller is the perfect fit for an active mom.
This stroller can even go over rocks with ease. Plus, the suspension helps your baby to feel cozy and safe.
What Could be Better
This stroller has very large wheels, which don’t go away when it is folded up. Because of this, it can take up quite a bit of room in your trunk.
Also, because these are actual tires, they will need airing up with a hand pump every once and a while. Plus, you may get some flats that will derail your day.
As the cheaper jogging stroller, the shocks are not as good as some on the market. But they still work great for the price.
When folded, the stroller is heavier than some of the lightweight models due to the tires and sturdy frame.
Also, don’t put on your running shoes just yet! This stroller is not designed to run with the car seat on board.
Once your baby is about 6 months old, then they can happily sit in the stroller seat as you get your jog on.
Britax B-Lively & B Safe 35 Travel System
- B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat.
- The car seat is rated for babies weighing 4-35lbs
- The focus is safety first with the patented SafeCell Impact Protection System. The car seat has side impact protection, an impact absorbing base, and a steel frame.
- The included base uses latches or a seatbelt for installation.
- B-Lively Stroller with modern design.
- The stroller has 3-point wheels with a dual wheel in front for better maneuverability. Your baby will love riding on the all-wheel suspension system.
- The maximum recommended weight is 55lbs.
- It includes a proprietary Click & Go system to quickly install the car seat on stroller.
- When finished, an easy one-handed quick fold can get the stroller ready for transport.
- A reclining seat for sleeping will keep your baby relaxed.
- It also has a footwell for your toddler to lay their feet in.
- There are 3 back pockets by the handlebar for parents to put their belongings in.
- At the bottom, a large storage basket is available for all your essentials.
- The extra-large UV 50+ canopy with window makes it easy to see your child while on the go.
The Britax B-Lively travel system is a more expensive option, but you definitely get your money’s worth.
Included with the B-safe car seat is the patented SafeCell Impact Protection System, which will help to keep your baby out of harm’s way.
When transitioning from the car to the stroller, setup is a breeze with one button the Click & Go system.
The stroller itself comes with plenty of storage in a highly maneuverable frame.
This is one sleek modern stroller, with plenty of features to make every mom happy. The highly maneuverable wheels mean going in and out of places is a breeze.
I really like all the extra storage they put in. Plus, the entire system is designed with the safety and comfort of your baby in mind.One big plus with the Britax system is that they used their higher price to build a more quality product.
The buttons work better, the ride is smoother, and the overall experience is more enjoyable than lower end strollers.
Because of this, they have fewer negative reviews and a very low return rate.
What Could be Better
Due to all the added safety features, the car seat base is a bit longer than others.
This can make it difficult to place in the center seat of a compact car (if that is your preference). Otherwise, it fits great.
Also, the added safety features make the car seat heavier than some other models. I personally don’t mind the extra weight if I know it will keep my child safer.
Unfortunately, the handle to the stroller also doesn’t adjust, which can cause problems for some people.
Disney Amble Quad Travel System, Mickey Silhouette
- Cute Disney design!
- 1-year limited warranty included.
- Included OnBoard 22 LT rear-facing car seat.
- Great for babies weighing 4-22lbs.
- The car seat 5-point harness system to keep your baby secure.
- It comes with side impact protection (hopefully you will never need it).
- The adjustable base ensures the car seat fits properly.
- A machine washable seat pad is easy to clean when your baby makes a mess.
- Amble Quad Stroller.
- Can be used in children up to 50lbs.
- The stroller comes with a 5-point adjustable harness.
- QuickClick technology attaches the baby’s car seat securely to the stroller with one click.
- It has an extending canopy with a peek-a-boo window for airflow and shade.
- Extra-large storage underneath is great for carrying everything you need.
- A child snack tray with cup holder will keep your little one happy.
- Also included is a parent tray with 2 cup holders.
- The child’s seat in the stroller adjusts to keep your toddler comfortable.
- The stroller is ultra-light with a one-handed fold mechanism. Once folded, the stroller stands on its own for easier storage.
If you are ready to raise a future Disney fan, the Disney Baby Amble Quad might be right for you.
Combining Disney fun with a high-quality product, this travel system is sure to delight.
Also, the included QuikClick technology helps to make transferring your baby from car to stroller a snap.
Who doesn’t love Disney? The colors on these strollers pop. I really appreciate all the little touches that were added, such as the stroller standing on its own once folded. A lightweight stroller is also great for storage.
Plus, the use of QuickClick makes moving baby easy. These are all features that aren’t included in other strollers at this price range.
What Could be Better
The harness itself has to be manually adjusted behind the car seat. This can be a pain.Newborns may need extra padding to stay comfortable in the seat.The car seat itself is only good until 22lbs. That means it will have to be replaced at some point before your child would have worn out any of the other car seats.
Also, most rear-facing car seats are good until at least 30lbs because it is recommended for safety that children stay in that position for longer. I wish that this car seat had a higher capacity.Since the wheels are made out of plastic, the front wheels tend to get jammed at times.
The stroller is designed so that the back wheels don’t move at all. This means you have to push the stroller with two hands to prevent it from sticking.
UPPAbaby Full-Size Vista Infant Baby Stroller & MESA Car Seat Bundle
- Mesa Infant Car Seat.
- The Mesa carries children weighing 4-35lbs.
- It comes included with SMARTSecure technology, which makes sure that your child is strapped in right every time.
- On top, there is a rain shield included to keep baby dry.
- A Mesa base is also included.
- Vista Stroller with attachable bassinet.
- The Vista stroller reclines flat with one hand for naps.
- It has a one-step fold (with or without the seat) for easy storage. Once folded, the stroller stands on its own.
- Underneath, there is extra-large under seat storage.
- For the bassinet, there is a travel bag to store it when not in use.
- The Mesa car seat attaches directly to the Vista with no adaptors.
- The Vista toddler seat can be turned to become rear facing.
- The stroller can hold up to three children, depending on the configuration.
This is probably the most versatile travel system on the market.
The included bassinet makes it super easy to take newborns out for walks without having to strap them into the car seat each time.
Plus, the entire UPPAbaby family is made up of well-built products with a focus on safety, convenience, and design.
The VISTA stroller is about as nice as it gets- it even comes in its own designer box almost fully assembled!
Truly easy to use, the rubber wheels on the Vista glide around easily (even on bumpy streets). Plus, the included bassinet is a nice touch.
Overall, I would consider this a contender if you see yourself using the stroller often.
What Could be Better
This stroller is sleek and simple. No cupholders or additional pockets here. Which adds to the look, but you may want to purchase a hanging bag for mom’s items. Because they are made out of higher quality material, the stroller and car seat are both a little heavy.
Best Travel System Stroller Buying Guide
If you are still having trouble deciding which travel system stroller is best for you and your little one, here are a few tips to help out.
The best travel systems provide a combination of safety, convenience, and ease of use.
Most Important Travel System Features
A rear-facing infant car seat with a high safety rating.
This is very important to protect your baby in the unfortunate case of a car accident. The car seat must be rear facing so as to avoid impact with the front seat.
In case of an accident, the car seat hits the front seat instead of your baby’s head.
A base to secure the car seat into your car. The base should ideally buckle in and have leveling features for a snug fit.
A comfortable ride.
Both the car seat and the stroller should be comfortable for your little one. There should be padded soft material that supports your baby’s head and keeps it from falling over.
It should also have some breathable fabric to prevent your baby from sweating too much. Ideally, a working canopy what also be included protect developing eyes from the sun.
A toddler seat configuration for the stroller.
While you will use the car seat in the first few months, it is important to purchase a comfortable toddler seat so that your older child can interact with their environment.
Therefore, the toddler seat also needs to be comfy, convenient, and safe. The toddler seat should also recline so that your child will have a comfortable place to sleep.
Good wheels and a proper suspension system on the stroller.
First the stroller to last several years, you need to choose one with quality wheels. This is especially important during the first few months as not to wake your baby.
Later, as the wheels become subjected to miles of wear and tear, it is important that they continue to function.
An easily portable system that you can get in and out of your primary vehicle without much hassle.
While the stroller frame and car seat have to be durable enough to last years, it is important they are also lightweight enough that you can carry them for years.
Plus, it is important to note the size of the stroller and how it will fit in your vehicle.
Now that we have reviewed the best travel system strollers, is time for you to make your decision.
Don’t forget to make sure both the car seat and the stroller have the features you’re looking for.
After that, it is just a matter of figuring out which one last your family the several years it takes your newborn to outgrow it.Do you like running? Then the Greco FastAction might be for you.Or do you need a lightweight stroller to fit in your car? You might pick the Evenflo Vive.Are you looking for a stroller with many functions? Then maybe you will decide on the Evenflo Pivot.Don’t worry too much about finding the perfect stroller, instead pick the stroller that will best fit your lifestyle.
While they all have their ups and downs, it is important to remember that only you will know what you like. No matter what you decide, there is a travel system for you and your baby. I also recommend setting up the stroller as soon as you get it, even if it might be another few months until you are using it.
That way you can try it out and make sure there aren’t any issues that would require the travel system to be returned. Once you’ve set up your travel system, then you will get a better feel for how you will use it. The best thing about buying a travel system is that it comes with the peace of mind that your baby is safe at the discounted price of buying a three-for-one.
You get a car seat, plus a stroller for when your baby is an infant and a toddler.While buying a travel system stroller may be one of the best decisions you will make as you fill up your baby registry, there is only one question now…Where will you go?