Good day moms and dads! Thanks for stopping by! Today we are going to be doing another baby product battle. Seriously, parents, I can’t get enough of these! Today’s topic is going to be comparing the Snuggle Me Organic vs the Dock a Tot.
Now you may be reading these and thinking, what is she talking about? And to help you out here a little bit, we’re talking about two of the most popular baby loungers on the internet! I’m being 100% honest here when I say I wish they made these for adults because these things look absolutely comfortable.
On that note, let’s take a look at each baby lounger and compare them to see which one will come out on top. Let’s get right into it, shall we?
|Top Top||Snuggle Me Organic | Baby Lounger & Infant Floor Seat | Newborn Essentials | Organic Cotton, Fiberfill | Sugar Plum||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top Top||DockATot Deluxe+ Dock - The All in One Portable & Lightweight Baby Lounger - Suitable from 0-8 Months (Silver Lining)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Boppy Original Newborn Lounger, Elephant Love Gray||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||CuddleNest Mini by LoLueMade: Baby Lounger, Infant Lounger, Newborn Lounger, Baby Nest - for 0-8 Months (Lullaby Gray)||Prime||Buy Now|
Some Basic Information You Should Know About Baby Loungers
One thing to point out is that baby loungers were actually created initially as a co-sleeping tool to help parents and their babies sleep.
However, a couple of years ago, the American Association of Pediatrics announced that leaving your baby in a lounger can be super dangerous. For example, they may fall out by accident or suffocate themselves if they somehow end up on their sides.
Now before you get all freaked out, remember that these baby lungers are for co-sleeping, meaning that you will be with your child at all times when they are in use, which should make you feel a bit better with the warnings that have been put into place.
Related: Best Baby Co-Sleepers
The Main Difference Between the Snuggle Me Organic vs the Dock a Tot
Here are a couple noticeable differences between the Snuggle Me Organic vs Dock a Tot, which you should be aware of before you end up purchasing either or:
- The Snuggle Me is made out of organic cotton that is both breathable and comfortable for your little one.
- The Dock a Tot, on the other hand, comes with a breathable mesh that the Snuggle Me Organic does not come with.
- The Dock a Tot is also slightly larger than the Snuggle Me Organic and is suitable for children up to 8months old. In contrast, the Snuggle Me Organic is made to only suit up to 6 months old.
The Snuggle Me Organic
Let’s take a closer look at the Snuggle Me Organic to see some of its promising features!
- The baby lounger is meant to hold babies from they are a newborn up to six months old.
- The baby lounger itself is made out of organic cotton with soft and comfortable k of the baby lounger at 29 x 18 x 4 inches.
What We Like About the Snuggle Me Organic
- The middle of the lounger itself acts as though it is a hammock style that allows your baby to experience the baby lounger’s absolute comfort.
- You can remove the top layer of the baby lounger and throw it into the wash for a comfortable and deep clean.
- Take the Snuggle Me Organic with you when you are traveling without having to worry about carrying a pack n play with you.
- You can easily fit the baby lounger into a bassinet, so they can sleep comfortably for a long time.
What We Don’t Like About the Snuggle Me Organic
- Although the fabric of the snuggle me organic is soft, the material itself isn’t that breathable. So, there is a chance that your baby may overheat quickly when they are sleeping.
- You aren’t able to predict the growth of your child within the first couple of months. Therefore, your little one may outgrow the Snuggle Me Organic quickly, making it no use to you after a couple of months.
Read More: How Many Swaddles Do You Need for Your Baby?
The Dock a Tot
Now, let’s take a look at the Dock a Tot to highlight some of its best features!
- The Dock a Tot was made suitable for newborns up until the age of 8 months.
- The material is made of organic cotton. The tube around the outside of the baby lounger is made of 100% polyester. The pad itself is also made out of polyester.
What We Like About the Dock a Tot
- You will be able to get the most use out of your Dock a Tot because they are intended to comfortably fit your baby up until the 8-month mark.
- The materials of the Dock a Tot are made to breathe. They are super soft, so your baby is comfortable at all times, and they won’t overheat while they are sleeping.
- The baby lounger itself has a pad-like structure around the structure’s perimeter that will comfort your baby as they sleep.
- Suitable for tummy time
What we don’t like about the Dock a Tot
- The baby lounger is quite expensive than others on the market and sells for $185 on the market.
What You Should Consider Before Purchasing Either Or
When purchasing a baby lounger, it’s important to note that while these baby items are nice to have, they must raise your little one. I would consider this baby product a luxury item, especially as it is almost in the $200 range.
That being said, if you have your heart set on buying either of the listed brands for your child, it’s essential to take into account the price, how long your baby will actually use the lounger.
An Alternative Baby Lounger
Suppose you aren’t entirely sold on the Snuggle Me Organic vs the Dock a Tot. In that case, another alternative that you can consider is the Boppy Original lounger.
Boppy Original Lounger
The original Boppy lounger is made up of a light-weight fabric that makes it perfect for traveling. The material itself is machine washable and wipeable for any spot stains. It also features a unique recessed design to cradle the baby.
I also love that the Boppy loungers come in all different cute patterns that make the Boppy a little more appealing to the eye. You can buy these on Amazon. They are a considerably cheaper option than the Snuggle me Organic and the Dock a Tot.
Another appealing aspect to the Boppy brand is they market the Boppy as being the perfect gift for your furry friends after your little one outgrows it.
Another great option is the CuddleNest mini that is made by LolueMade. You can choose from eight various patterns that suit both boys and girls, which I absolutely adore.
The nice thing about this baby lounger is that your baby will be able to comfortably fit up until around the eight-month mark. The lounger itself has a raise padding around the entire perimeter.
The material itself is breathable and light-weight cotton that is also incredibly soft to the touch. The bottom of the lounger is made of a thick, high-density foam that will provide your little one with a luxury sleep every time.
You can also remove the lounger cover and throw it into the wash, which is also a beneficial feature.
You can find different alternative brands on Amazon that are similar to all baby loungers that I mentioned. Just take a look at the reviews to see if they are reliable before making any purchases –mostly because they can be a pricier baby item than most.
Read More: Best Baby Projector Soother and Night Light
The Verdict: Who is The Winner
Okay, when it comes to winners, I’m going to have to call it a draw in terms of both baby loungers. I think both of the loungers themselves offer great features, and when comparing the two, I think they balance each other out.
Like any baby products, it is entirely up to the parents to decide which they prefer the best. I like to think of it in terms of price point and how much use you are realistically planning on getting out of the lounger before your little one grows out of it.
Whichever one you do end up choosing, just make sure that you never leave your little one unattended because of the safety concerns that were outlined by the American Association of Pediatrics a couple of years ago, and you should be good to go!
Once again, we have made it to the end of another blog post! Boy, these things go by quickly! If you have any further questions about the baby loungers or have any comments to make about which one you think deserves the title spot, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below!
The parent community loves hearing from you (myself included)! I would also like to hear your thoughts on whether you guys co-slept or plan on co-sleeping with your babies as well!
Thanks again for stopping by my blog! Make sure to tune in next time for some more exciting topics on all things parenthood! Bye for now, moms and dads –it’s been a slice!
Until next time!
Read More: How Many Burp Cloths Do I Need for My Baby?